ProLon ReSet FAQ
Fasting and ProLon ReSet – General Information
What is it and how is it used?
ProLon ReSet is a 1-day fasting nutrition program that uses a patented, precise blend of plant-based nutrients to provide you essential nutrition and fuel without activating your body’s food sensing system. ProLon ReSet is for people who are interested in amping up their Intermittent Fasting, or simply giving their body a much-needed break from mindless eating and high-calorie sugar and carb diets with a nutrition program that can give you the benefits of a full day fast.
In short, ProLon ReSet introduces you to the world of fasting by giving your body a break and chance to ReSet. ProLon ReSet can help manage your hunger with this 1 day fasting kit and experience a full day fast without starving yourself.
How does ProLon ReSet support fasting?
ProLon ReSet helps you enter the transformational fasting lifestyle of fasting with food*. When you do a ProLon ReSet, you eat while your body thinks it’s fasting because the scientifically designed combination of nutrients does not trigger nutrient sensing pathways. During this 1-day fast, your body’s ketone levels will rise as your body starts to break down fat stores for fuel, and your glucose levels will remain steady – similar to what happens when you’re fasting.
*Based on the fasting mimicking technology of ProLon.
ProLon ReSet is for people who are interested in amping up their Intermittent Fasting, or simply giving their body a much-needed break from mindless eating and high-calorie sugar and carb diets with a nutrition program that can give you the benefits of a full day fast. This reset is for you if you want to:
• Give your body a 1-day break from mindless eating and a high-calorie sugar and carb diet and allow the body to recover through active fasting.
• Break the cycle and balance out over-indulgence with a 1-day ReSet intervention
• Amp up your cleanse and Intermittent Fasting routines
• Start your journey into healthy aging through an Intermittent Fasting Longevity lifestyle
*If you have diabetes or are taking any medication that affects blood sugar please consult with a healthcare provider prior to attempting fasting or a low-calorie diet. Consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, supplement or exercise program.
ProLon ReSet makes it easier to fast for a full day by giving you nourishment, fuel, and curbing hunger while keeping your body fasting!
- Use as a full day fasting break for your body whenever you need a reset from unhealthy eating
- Use to amp up your cleanse routine. You can choose to use it twice per week to optimize the benefits of the reset.
- Use as part of your Intermittent Fasting (5:2 Diet) routine.
- Intermittent fasting (IF) can be defined as fasting for less than 2 days and has become the number one diet in the United States. While there are a variety of fasting methods within the category of IF, such as the 5:2 Diet, they are all based on eating patterns that alternate between intervals of eating and fasting.
- ProLon ReSet is ideal to use within the 5:2 Diet: this type of IF entails fasting during specific days of the week. For this approach, individuals either eliminate or severely restrict their calories for two (non-consecutive) days of the week and then resume their normal diet for the other five days. You can use ProLon ReSet on your 2 fasting days per week and eat your regular diet for the other 5 days of the week.
With ProLon ReSet, you can experience a 1-day fast to see if fasting is right for you or use it whenever you feel you need a reset from overindulgence. You can use ProLon ReSet to either:
- Amp up your cleanse routine by using it twice per week to optimize the benefits of the reset.
- Incorporate into your intermittent fasting 5:2 Diet routine. Consistent with the duration of your 5:2 Diet routine, you can use ProLon ReSet on your 2 fasting days per week and eat your regular diet for the other 5 days of the week. For example, if you choose to follow a 5:2 routine for 3 weeks every month, you would use 6 resets within that month.
ProLon ReSet is designed with the same technology as the ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet®. Our technology is the result of over 20 years of preclinical and clinical testing, inspired by Nobel Prize winning science and awarded over 36 million US dollars in research and development funding from institutions including the National Institutes of Health and the European Union.
Although additions are discouraged to minimize the risk of breaking the fast, you can choose to add:
• Unlimited herbal teas (unsweetened and caffeine free)
• All types of sparkling water are fine (no sweeteners of any kind)
• Caffeine up to 140 mg per day:
--1 cup (8-12fl oz) of coffee (no cream or sweetener)
---or- 2 cups (16fl oz) of black or green tea (traditionally steeped), no matcha
---or- 6 cups (48fl oz) of decaf coffee (no cream of sweetener)
• Up to 1 tablespoon of dried herbs or spices per day to your soups or other foods in the diet to enhance the flavor (preferably unprocessed, e.g., red pepper flakes)
• Up to 1 teaspoon of sea salt (as long as there are no health contraindications)
• Up to 2 slices of lemon per day (squeezed, not eaten), whether you use it in your soups, herbal teas, or water.
• Up to 2 pieces of sugar-free gum per day while on ProLon.
You should add food to the program only as a last resort if you are so incredibly hungry that you feel like you are going to break the fast. In such an instance, you may have a slice or two of apple, 1 stalk of celery, or 1 small Persian (“baby”) cucumber of 5-6 inches in length per day.
ProLon ReSet is designed to support intermittent fasting (overnight fasts, and fasts lasting less than two days) as part of an everyday healthy lifestyle. If you’re looking for the benefits of prolonged periodic fasting (longer than 2 days) including support of weight loss and fat loss, metabolic health, or a jumpstart to lifestyle transformation, we recommend that you try the 5-Day ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet.
ProLon ReSet is a 1-day fast that is derived from the science behind the 5-day ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet. ProLon ReSet is designed to support intermittent fasting (overnight fasts, and fasts lasting less than two days) as part of an everyday healthy lifestyle.
If you’re looking for the benefits of prolonged periodic fasting (PF) (longer than 2 days), including support of weight loss and fat loss, cellular rejuvenation, metabolic health, or a jumpstart to lifestyle transformation, we recommend that you try the 5-Day ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet. Due to its extended duration, PF goes beyond providing weight loss and fat reduction to promote biological fasting and a process known as autophagy, the clean-up of aging and worn-out intracellular components. These cellular cleansing and rejuvenating effects can only be attained through cellular stress such as a prolonged fast like the 5-day ProLon FMD.
ProLon ReSet is designed to use as a full day fasting break when you need a reset, want to amp up your cleansing routine, or are practicing intermittent fasting as part of a 5:2 Diet routine (fast 2 days per week, eat regular diet for other 5 days of the week). We do not recommend adding a ProLon ReSet day before or after completing 5 days of ProLon, as this has not been tested in any of our studies and may be unsafe in certain people.
ProLon Reset is our newest version of a 1-day fast with ProLon. While ProLon Fast Pack offered a way to ease yourself into fasting, ProLon ReSet offers a 1-day fast that has been shown to keep your body in a fasted state*. This newer formulation along with fewer calories, is derived from the science behind the 5-day ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet and is specifically designed to support intermittent fasting (IF) routines. We have designed ProLon ReSet to fit a 5:2 Diet which is an intermittent fasting diet that allows people to eat their regular diet 5 days a week and then limit calories on the other 2 (non-consecutive) days. You can use ProLon ReSet on your fasting days for IF up to a day or as part of your 5:2 diet routine, depending on your needs and lifestyle.
*Based on the fasting mimicking technology of ProLon.